Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wth the Great wet weight of the world behind me

Its good to be finished work. I'm sitting down, obviously in front of my computer listening to New Pornographers, sipping my 2 ltr bottle of coke, looking back on what was at its working end an eventful day.

I don't get this work business I'm pretty sure must days out of the year I'm fairly pissed leaving the building. But today I worked late, because I some work to do on some machines in your remote offices and I found it well very interesting. I joined the company I worked for as graduate a year ago. Now I'm pretty much front line linux man on our desktop team. Its a job, I'm mad about to be honest. Although a lot of the time I feel very marginalized by the fact that I'm 6 years younger than everyone else I work with and by extension the youngest in the whole of our global IT team. So I guess its a double edged thing, lucky to be where I am but damn it I'd like to work with people I can talk to.

Enough of this work business. Tonight I'm going to town for a couple pints, which I do, I must confess, enjoy more than a really good metaphor. But shock and aghast today when informed that my beverage of choice is to go up 15 cents, those bapstards! However on a quick search of google news, the rumours might well be false. I remember a day when you could buy a load of pints for ten pounds. Those where the days.

No comments: