How have things become so very very boring. In all fairness I do already spend most of my day digging around blogs looking for some tweak to make something work, its essentially my job. Today I pondered hooking a php project I'm working on, up to our ldap to authenticate users. I can hear you gasp at the adventure I am indeed having coding this up..
Not too long ago I would have gladly sat at my computer and googled and coded and read pointless endless threads on how people have achieved the very end I was trying to get at. Now though, since I get paid for it. I can find the interest when I get home in the evenings, so the ugly head of boredom has started looming over me. By god its an ugly lad.
Exposed to the fact that indeed I do not know that many people, so random adventures in reality are at this point in time an everest like task. I've signed up to some volunteer web site and hope that will find me an evening outlet, but then I wondering how much time could I commit, you see I start my day to be in the office for 8 and on a good day leave at 5, battle traffic and arrive home around 6. Its nearly a 12 hour day when traveling is included.
Solutions
- Move closer to work
- Work somewhere else
- Give up on any chance of doing stuff in the evening and relax with the knowledge that one day things will be different
However temporary solution is at hand, tomorrow I cross the void into Cork and will be among family and friends for a few days, where plans will be formed and words said in the moment that minutes later will be regret and eventually forgotten. Mighty.
No comments:
Post a Comment