Monday, February 18, 2008

Should we chance our arms?

Well I need my arms, so no. Baby fingers maybe. Dislocated my left one on Saturday. Haven't been in a hospital for my own needs in about 12 years, so this was an unwelcome but interesting occurrence. Needless to say I was doing something stupid like playing rugby, which was exactly what I was doing as it happens. When some large man decided to run at what now, in looking back was a perilous speed at my baby finger. Pop the bit that a nail is on, right out of the socket and perched it on aforementioned socket. So the x-ray lead me to believe anyway. 8 hours in a+e later, me, my splinted hand and girlfriend left to seek out pizza and garlic bread. Oh happy days.

That was my Saturday folks. Oh we won the game so no harm done. Still in a splint and got to see a bone specialist guy next week to see if its healed out. Right now, it is damn weird to be typing without a left baby finger, since that is my press the shift button finger.

Guh.. fingers so brittle, suppose it doesn't help that for many years of my life I played hurling, where the old rap on the knuckles wasn't a once in the blue moon sort of a thing. But there you go and life goes on.. as I uncomfortably reach of the right handed shift key. God doesn't love me you know!

No comments: